The average business has countless endpoints accessing their infrastructure’s data at any given point throughout the workday. Think about it; just how many devices have access to your business’ data infrastructure? Do you know the answer? If not, then perhaps you could be doing more to secure these endpoints, as any endpoint that is not adequately secured could be a gateway into your network for a cybercriminal.
What is an Endpoint?
An endpoint is any device that interfaces with your data infrastructure. It can include mobile devices like smartphones and tablets, laptops, desktops, networking devices like servers and routers, and so on. Basically, any device that has access to your infrastructure in any sense of the word can be considered an endpoint, and it’s of paramount importance that you are protecting every device that has access to your business’ data.
This is especially important in the age of remote work, where employees might be using devices that belong to them or are unsecured on the user side. In situations like this, it’s critical that you protect your data on the infrastructure level.
What Can You Do to Protect Them?
When it comes to protecting your data, there are plenty of methods out there that you should consider. Here are some of the biggest and best ways you can keep your endpoints secure.
- Implement enterprise-level security solutions including a firewall, antivirus, spam blocker, and content filter
- Consider a zero-trust policy to ensure all users authenticate their identities before being granted access to data
- Use a virtual private network to encrypt traffic into and out of your network
- Consider permissions of all users on your network
- Train your staff on how to identify potential attacks against your network
- Back up your data just in case you need to restore it in the future
- Secure even devices that you don’t think should be secured, like the Internet of Things devices—perhaps even on their own network separate from your business’ operational connection
Get Us On Your Side!
There can be no denying the importance of data security in the modern business world, so you should be doing all that you can to secure any and all endpoints with access to company data. To this end, SRS Networks can assist with our enterprise-level endpoint security solutions. You can rest assured that we are doing everything possible to protect your organization and its data.
To learn more about how we can protect your business, reach out to SRS Networks at (831) 758-3636.